What Is It
Anal Fissure is longitudinal tear in the lower end of anus. It is the most painful condition affecting the anal region. It commonly seen in young patients.
- Severe burning and pain during and after passing stool
- severe constipation Drop of blood or streak of fresh blood during defecation.
- sentinel piles (Tag of skin at the outer end of anus)
- Hard stool (pellet like)
- Hard stool
- surgical Procedure (Piles surgery)
- spincter hypertonia (spasm of anus)
- Repeated child birth
- Excessive use of ointments.
- Excessive use of laxatives.
- Per rectal examination with lignocaine jelly application.
- Proctoscopy is contraindicated because the condition is very painful. (If require can be done under general anasthesia)